Monday, June 6, 2011

Sun is shinning. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet. - Bob Marley


What started as the yearly summer reading and movie list has turned into something bigger. There is now an entire computer folder. It is filled with pictures of crafts I have wanted to do, recipes from the various cooking blogs I read, lists of summer activities I want to take part in, and of course my book and movie list. The pictures are many, the recipes diverse, and the lists long, but my goal is to make time for each of them this summer.
I am enough of a realist to know that not everything in this folder will get done this summer, but finishing everything is not my goal. The goal is to follow through, it’s to follow through on all those ideas I’ve had been never acted on. I like to sew but I only do it when the mood hits me so I am not as good as I could be, and the same goes for cooking. But this goes beyond furthering my skill, it is about not just being an “idea” person. I have all of these ideas and things I want to do, but most of them stop at the idea stage. I want to do things and accomplish things in my life. I want to turn my ideas into my reality, and I am starting this summer. I don’t have huge things to accomplish because I am just starting. So I’m starting off small in hopes that follow through will become a habit for me. And then, I will move on to bigger and better things.
Here is my commitment to me and to you: I commit to do at least three things in that folder and blog about them. Why blog? Well, someone needs to hold me accountable, and I guess that someone is you.
Catch you on the flip side.

No comments: