Sunday, June 19, 2011

A man can be a father, but it takes a special kind of person to be a dad.

Happy Father's Day!


My Father's Day gift to my dad was a gluten free meal (dad can't have gluten). So I decided to make pad thai for him.

While in registering for classes my mom and I found an Asian and Mexican market in the town. I found my favorite noodles from Thailand (mama noodles), and I found some tamarind. Tamarind is a legume I ate in Thailand, and found in the pad thai I learned how to make. So I bought what was a block of tamarind. I had to heat it in some water and then strain out the seeds. And then I made the Pad Thai. I would post a recipe for the Pad Thai, but it changes each time a make it. I suggest searching a few pad thai recipes and see what is common in them. I did learn today though, that you DO NOT want the rice noodles too soft before you add them to the pad thai, or they will break up and have the right consistency.

In addition to pad thai, we ate egg drop, grilled shrimp, and grilled asparagus.

Instead of a pad thai, here is how you make egg drop soup (it's super easy):

Beat 4 to 6 eggs.

Bring to a boil 4 cups of chicken broth.

Slowly pour in the eggs while stirring the boiling broth.

And you have egg drop soup.

You can add pepper, onions, etc. You can also use vegetable broth for the vegetarians (my preference).


Here is my latest sewing project, an apron from two old button up shirts. I got the directions from Sewing Green: 25 Projects Made with Repurposed & Organic Materials by Betz White


Catch you on the flip side.

No comments: