Monday, May 16, 2011

I am going to find whoever jacked my bread and shoot them in the face. Hell hath no furry like an American without their carbs.


I love peanut butter, especially Skippy. My first morning here in Thailand, Friend got me bread and peanut butter I was so excited to find they have REAL peanut butter here in Phuket. So now, whenever I am out buying my food I always get bread, peanut butter, and strawberry jam. I have now introduced Friend to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and I have informed her that she is one step closer to being an American by eating them. Because really, what is more American than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? I can’t really thing of anything. I have been a vegetarian for about 5 years, so hamburgers and hotdogs don’t really do it for me. But maybe rice krispy bars, those feel pretty American. They are at almost every bake sale, graduation open house, and Fourth of July party.
OK, so for me, peanut butter and rice krispy bars are tied for most American food. However I don’t have rice krispy bars right now, so peanut butter is my go to comfort food. It’s there for whenever I feel a little homesick, or when I’m just hungry.
Catch you on the flip side.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Casserole, anything in a crockpot, snickerdoodle, s'mores, man'n'cheese...

Lady Goldfish said...

But they don't feel as American as Skippy peanut butter. I mean the name itself is American.