Tuesday, March 26, 2013

How To "Pull it Off"

When I talk about my outfits or unique clothing choices with my friends I often hear “I couldn’t that off.” I never really thought of myself pulling things off when I wore them, it’s always been more of an “it fits, looks cool, I’ll wear it” type of thought process. I’ve learned over time that whether or not other people think I look good in something does not really matter to me (horse print overalls case in point). If I like it, I am going to wear it, and that is how I “pull things off.” Here are my five tips on how to “pull of” what you are wearing:
1) Like what you are wearing
If you don’t you are not going to feel good
2) Stand up straight
You always look better when you have good posture
3) Wear something that fits
Too big is ok, but too small is bad. You do not want to be constantly pulling a shirt down, adjusting a jacket, or checking the hem of a skirt. Also, no one looks good in too tight clothing, no one.
4) Along the same lines, wear shoes that feel good
You are walking in them the whole day, and you are not going to be happy if the hurt you.
5) Only wear the amount of makeup you usually do
I do not really wear makeup, but when I do I usually feel self-conscience.

No comments: