Friday, January 25, 2013

Something Beautiful



Last spring break my brother was leading the worship one Sunday and I was doing backup vocals. He introduced this new song, and I remember listening to it like 500 times to I could get it down. I went back to school and listen to this song almost every day. Everything about this song explained how I felt. I wanted something more out of life, I wanted some bigger out of life. I’ve travel, seen great things, and net great people. I am always thirsting for something more, something undeniably beautiful. I have these moments in life when I realized, this is unbelievably amazing. I remember sitting on my balcony in Thailand one evening, watching the sunset, and I was hit with how beautiful life is. Not how beautiful the sky is, but how beautiful life is. I seem to be always longing for that beauty. I often get caught up in my own head, and I lose sight of the truly wonderful things outside myself. But then I’m reminded, through a song, a sight, a smell, that life is a thing of beauty. An A on a paper has never reminded me of that beauty. I want to be continually caught off guard by the greatness of life, and the gift that it is.
Catch you on the flip side

No comments: